Equitory, the UK’s largest dedicated investor communication consultancy, has launched EQUIP, a comprehensive 12-month training/development programme in Investor Relations (IR) as part of its expansion plans and recruitment drive.
EQUIP is aimed at IR Associates, part/newly qualified accountants at those who are financially literate and wish to embark upon, and fast track, a career in IR. This programme will run in tandem with and complement The Certificate in IR (CIR®) offered by the Investor Relations Society.
As an IR Associate, you will assist Equitory’s IR Directors, Associate Directors and Managers in supporting the consultancy’s rapidly expanding client base, which includes well-known and highly regarded brands. The role is varied and challenging and will suit an individual who likes a fast-paced working environment.
EQUIP is designed to expand your knowledge of IR, build upon your understanding of the capital markets and provide practical skills to enable you to be a successful IR practitioner. By combining the materials from your self-study CIR® with seminars hosted by the Equitory team and guest speakers, this comprehensive programme will give you knowledge and expertise you can immediately apply when dealing with clients.
As an IR Associate, you will be:
- Working on multiple client teams helping prepare and deliver IR strategies and Board papers
- Maintaining the CRM database for clients, monitoring investor communication, supporting investor outreach programmes
- Supporting with results and Annual Report processes, investor relations website updates, drafting and reviewing RNS announcements, presentations, scripts, and Q&A documents
- Maintaining sell-side distribution lists, updating consensus models, responding to sell-side analyst questions, and managing salesforce briefings
- Developing your IR skillset by completing the EQUIP programme, attending IR events and webinars, sharing knowledge and learnings of IR best practice with the Equitory team
Successful candidates will be employed full-time by Equitory and, in addition to your course and practical learning, you will help shape the IR programmes of leading brands, deal with senior City figures, and work in a dynamic and collegial environment.
Outline of the course:
- Financial markets
- Regulation and corporate governance
- Financial reporting
- Accounting, valuation and investment principles
- Effective IR in practise
At the end of the programme, candidates will sit the CIR® examination, comprising 60 multiple-choice questions based on the topics set out in the syllabus, and will have gained hands on IR experience.
Applicants must be financially literate, having completed or partially completed accounting training and demonstrate a real interest in the capital markets. Previous work experience is essential.
- Build relationships with clients and advisers
- Format Equitory presentations in line with Equitory branding
- Excellent organisational and project management capability
- Thrive in a fast paced and evolving working environment
- Work autonomously and in a virtual team environment
- Desire to achieve a professional qualification
- IR as a profession
- Equity and debt markets
- Financial and accounting knowledge
- Excel including shortcuts and pivot tables
- PowerPoint including formatting
- Communication within Equitory and with clients
What we offer
If being part of a hugely influential team was not enough, you will also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary and a range of learning and development opportunities, you will also enjoy a 30 days’ holidays on an annual basis, pension, allowance on phone bills and staff discounts.